How to stop Yelp from hurting your reputation
I just read an interesting article about Yelp causing major reputation management issues for small business owners. One of our clients with CI Web Group – Dan Barger with www.apolloplumbing.com just shared the article with me. I wanted to share the article with you and get your feedback. Have you advertised on Yelp? If so, what has been your experience. Does it bring you business, hurt your business or you don’t know because you never did the research to see how it’s impacting your reputation. Just curious… Here is the Article:
How to Stop Yelp
2. Make your own review page that is easy to use for your customers.
3. List your business on every local business website instead of Yelp. Examples: Yelllowbot.com, Yellowpages.com,Manta.com, CustomerServiceNumbers.com/LOCAL, Google Local, Yahoo Local, Bing Local, SuperPages.com,Foursquare.com, indeed.com, and Angieslist.com.
4. Encourage your customers to review you on your website and the other local websites. Never mention Yelp.
5. Share all of your positive reviews from every site but YELP, on Facebook, etc..
6. Open Social Marketing Pages for your business on Facebook, Myspace, Linkedin, etc..
7. Check your negative reviewers on Yelp. They may be former employees or competitors. Then you can have your attorneys send Cease and Desist Letters to the reviewers.
8. Spread the word to other business owners and associations about Yelp. Warn them of the possible dangers of listing their business with Yelp.
10. Buy PPC advertising with your keywords linked with Yelp. Example: “Florist Denver Yelp” This will buy you space and allow you to compete with Yelp.